– Perlite makes moisture, oxygen and nutrients readily available to plants, because of the unique shape of each particle, plus its permanency, moisture and nutrients can cling to the crevices until the plant needs them, while the granular quality provides quick drainage of excess moisture and allows space for oxygen– vital for healthy plant growth.
– Agricultural Perlite particles have a closed cell structure with multiplicity of tiny crevices on their surface. These crevices trap water and hold it against drainage and evaporation, yet making it available to plant roots on – demand.
– Agricultural Perlite provides more constant moisture status around the roots at all times irrespective of weather or stage of root growth.
– Perlite ensures more even watering throughout the growing area.
– Here is less likelihood of over-watering with horticulture Perlite.
– Perlite culture avoid wastage of water and nutrients, floors accurately.
– The use of Perlite eliminates the need to grade growing.
– It is lightweight it can absorb and provide a large amount of both air and water, it is sterile and has a neutral PH, and it can be very tolerate of subtle changes in soil conditions .
– It is possible to grow most plants in Perlite alone, although usually the finer grades and medium grades will work better and require less water.
– Is sterile and free of weeds and disease.
– Perlite (specially the fine grade) is excellent for drying flowers.
– Serves as an insulator to reduce extreme soil temperature fluctuations.